Monday, February 10, 2020
West Condos with 3 or more bedrooms for sale are rare. The last one posted to the MLS that closed was in April 2008 for $495,000. But not all deals are necessarily found online. Our local newspaper notes a 3 bed sale at The West condos for $385,000. I’m not sure if this was a Arm’s Length Transaction, but if so, the Buyer got a heck of deal. Value depending on quality finishes may be around $500k.
Monday, January 20, 2020
Steamboat Springs’ newest condominium development Fox Springs phase I nears completion. Owners will be moving into their homes soon. The 50-unit 2 bedroom condominium development, located on Hilltop Parkway between downtown and the mountain, is the latest offering from the family-owned construction outfit Kreissig Homes.
Fox Springs is six contemporary, three-story buildings set around a circular drive. Each of the units offers a private deck overlooking park-like grasslands with views of Mount Werner.
Most of the two bedroom, two bathroom homes come with a two-car garage and approximately 1,000 square feet of living space. Prices range from $415K to $475K per unit with a final completion date scheduled for 2021.
Buyers have the option of several interior finishes. Each property comes with stainless steel appliances, maple cabinetry, shaker-style doors and quartz countertops. High efficiency and low maintenance exterior finishes will contribute to the promise of low homeowners fees. See the brochure.
Wednesday, May 4, 2016
Steamboat ski area views, unit size, and location in the Olympian building are some factors that effect pricing. A 3rd Floor 3 bed, 2 bath Olympian condo with private patio space and great light recently closed 4/29/2016 for $836,000 or $545/SF. Prices are up 26% over sales in 2013. The Olympian is located downtown on 5th st. across from the Yampa River bike/pedestrian (Core Trail). Walk to dinner and nightlife, Howelson Hill skiing and Emerald trails and all that historic downtown Steamboat has to offer. Olympian condos include parking space in the lower level garage plus storage space. All buyers are subject to a 0.5% transfer fee to the SSWSC upon transfer of title.
Tuesday, January 20, 2015
When you shop for a condo near the ski slopes in Steamboat Springs with 2 or more bedrooms that has a garage and lower HOA dues (under $4300 per year), your choices are slim - especially priced under $340,000. Sunray Meadows #709 just 2 blocks to the east of Steamboat Ski Resort, may just be your only choice right now in that price point.
The last sale was at $300,000 for a much lower quality finished condo lacking views. Meanwhile, the owners of #709 recently invested over $40,000 in quality upgrades and are asking $339,000.
In 2014 there were 12 sales at Sunray Meadows with high sale of $315,000. Here is a list of the active listings at Sunray Meadows condominiums.
Friday, May 30, 2014See more details about Steamboat
The luxurious, ski-in / ski-out One Steamboat Place is located at the base of the ski slopes and has become the premier property in a newly revitalized Mountain Village. You can buy a 1/8th share fractional ownership that includes the Catamount Ranch and Golf Club membership for $345,000. This guarantees 2 weeks in the winter and 2 weeks in the summer with plenty of opportunities to book anytime when space is available. Ownership includes the opportunity to exchange your weeks for a vacation in one of Timber Resorts other properties.
- Dancing Bear Aspen Equal parts high-country getaway, private retreat and live-in art gallery - a singular blend of rugged alpine charm and sleek sophistication.
- Timbers Bachelor Gulch A majestic mountain lodge both grand and intimate located on the slopes of Beaver Creek Mountain in the heart of the exclusive Bachelor Gulch community.
- The Residences at Esperanza Residences, hotel, and spa from Auberge Resorts where the California Baja kisses the Sea of Cortez in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.
- The Residences at Kapalua Bay Above the water’s edge on the northwest shore of Maui, a collection of residences are paired with incomparable amenities and personal services.
- The Orchard at The Carneros Inn A vineyard oasis in the heart of California Wine Country, impeccably operated by the PlumpJack Group.
- The Rocks Club Located in the heart of the desert golfing Mecca, Scottsdale, Arizona.
- The Timbers Club at Snowmass Ski-in, ski-out residences on the slopes of Snowmass, Colorado.
- Mayacama Residences A private golf and residential community where a vibrant club life is joined by an active sporting life in the indescribably beautiful Sonoma wine country.
- The Villas at Rancho Valencia An escape into elegance among Southern California’s most beautiful beaches, perfect climate, and world-class services and amenities.
- One Steamboat Place Luxurious residences replete with restaurant, boutique and a state-of-the-art spa at the base of the slopes in Steamboat Springs, Colorado.
- Castello di Casole Sun-drenched country estates fit for a Medici in the heart of Tuscany, Italy.
- The Sebastian - Vail Set in the heart of Vail Village’s pedestrian district, charming residences and hotel suites are complemented by a spa, restaurants and bar.
One Steamboat Place amenities include a members only hearth room and lounge; restaurant, bar and private dining area; full-time slopeside ski concierge and ski facilities; state-of-the-art fitness center with private yoga and Pilates studio, year-round swim and hydro pools; and a soothing Zen-inspired wellness spa with personal treatment rooms and pampering services.See more details about Steamboat
Saturday, May 10, 2014
Looking for value and newer construction? There are only five condos with-in two blocks of the ski slope with three or bedrooms priced for under $730,000. All are located at Trappeurs Resorts in the Emerald and Aspen Lodge buildings. Trip Advisor sums up why Trappeurs condos are such a great value.
“My husband and I stayed at Trappeur’s for our wedding along with several out-of-town guests. The staff was very accommodating, and the location was PERFECT - close to shops and restaurants, easy to find, great outdoor areas for our families to gather and socialize. We even hosted a private happy hour for our guests in the common area which had plenty of indoor > outdoor space, comfortable furniture, fireplace, and a little kitchen area for serving food and drinks. Would recommend this resort.”
“have stayed at Trappeur’s Crossing every year since 2004, and every year I am sorry to leave and return home”.
The best deal for a newer condo in Trappeurs is under $700,000 at Emerald Lodge. Find the best views and quality finishes in #5201, Emerald Lodge.
Monday, December 30, 2013
Finding great views and plenty of space for a larger family near the ski slopes can be a challenge in Steamboat Springs if you are looking to spend less than $800,000.
Currently there are only 3 townhomes listed for sale with over 3000 Sq.Ft in the mountain area, and if we add private homes to the search, there are 2 as of the date of this Steamboat real estate blog.
Families are drawn to Steamboat Springs and here are just a few reason why as mentioned in Ski Magazine.
Market Guide 2014: Top Family Resorts
West || No. 4: Steamboat, Colo.
“By far my favorite ski resort. Great value. Great snow. Great terrain. Plenty of character in the town and fun things for the family to do. We often went to ‘family jump night’; not to jump, but to watch. Great place to go with a family.”
“Excellent children’s program. Champagne powder. Genuine western hospitality.”
“Fantastic ski school and family ski programs. Amazing powder snow, with almost no lift lines. Friendly atmosphere and helpful people.”
One of the best deals out there for quality construction and nicely appointed features is Eagles Overlook # 104. Eagles Overlook #102 recently sold - a distress sale. In April of 2008 #105 sold for $985,000. #104 listed at $795,000 is one of the lowest prices per Sq.Ft. for a luxury townhouse in Steamboat Springs and HOA dues lower than the competition.
Saturday, November 2, 2013
What’s affordable for a condo in Steamboat with 2 or more bedrooms? The real estate market for older 2 bedroom condos has been pretty soft until just recently. Since November 1st 2012, we have seen 25 sales for condos in Steamboat with 2 or more bedrooms sell and as of the date of this Steamboat real estate blog, there only 8 on the market.
The best deal at Walton Creek is now under contract, so the next best deal per price per square foot, nicer finishes, near the mountain and on the city bus route suitable for both nightly and long term rentals is located at Shadow Run for $174,900 at just $150/SF.